Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Finishing the Interior

I ordered my trailer with insulation, linoleum flooring, and ceiling already installed so the next two items on my agenda were to fix up the interior walls and to start installing the sink and cabinets.  I wanted to use ready-made stuff as much as possible and I found what I wanted at my local Home Depot.

I chose to cover the plywood that comes with the trailer with nice birch paneling.  I figured this was easier than painting or otherwise sealing the plywood and certainly looks nicer.

My sink arrangement is Home Depot's Hickory base cabinet, sink cabinet, and wall cabinet.  The cabinets are pre-assembled, cheap, and finished.  All you need to do is put your Formica countertop on and cut in your sink.  I will be installing a water pump and small water tanks inside the cabinets which will cover in another post.







2 comments:

  1. Dude, Great Work! Thanks for all the indepth explanations on your appliances and amp usage as well! It's hard to find solid info thats not salemen bullshit on the net.
    Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://cargoconversionclub.com/community/rc-trailer/battery-powered-7x12-cargo-trailer-camper-conversion-rc-trailer/

    ReplyDelete