Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Water Heating

Having at least SOME hot water is a key component of making your RV more like home.  Many of today's RV's have dual propane / electric capability, but I don't have propane and I don't want to heat 5 gallons of water at a time so I'm looking for other options.  In my vision of the all-electric RV of the future, tankless water heating is the way to go.  While I will theoretically have enough wattage for a small tankless unit, I haven't found anything that looks like a good fit for an RV.

I considered the Ecosmart Point of Use Electric Tankless Water Heater and its on the edge of what I could theoretically do for wattage, but still way more than I really need.   While I'm looking for something smaller, a reasonable option could be the Bosch 2-1/2-Gallon Point-of-Use Indoor Electric Water Heater.  I like that it only uses 1500 Watts and 2.5 gallons at a time is better than 5, but I'd still rather find a good tankless option.

In the meantime, my hot water heater is (don't laugh!) one of these kitchen hot water kettles.  They are all we need for dishes and a "spit bath".

No comments:

Post a Comment